You have never seen a pawn shop like ours.
We clean, polish, and steam all of the jewelry that we put out for sale. That is why they shine like they do! We have over 300 gold rings in our display case. Not to mention our silver rings! We also have gold and silver necklaces and bracelets.
How do we do it?
- We start by inspecting the piece. We look it over to determine if it is damaged or missing pieces. Damaged items will be melted down unless the repair would be worthwhile. We occasionally replace diamonds, and solder clipped ring shanks.
- The next step is to polish the item. We have a professional grade buffing machine, and it works wonders! If you have purchased a ring from us in the past, feel free to ask us to polish it! (Ask for Steven)
- Next, it goes into the heated ultrasonic machine. We can heat it up to 175 degrees and let the ultrasonic waves do most of the cleaning work. We usually let it sit in there for 10-30 minutes.
- After that, we steam the piece with our jewelry steamer. This blasts any remaining goo and ultrasonic liquid off of the piece. By this point, the piece is looking brilliant! We give it a final wipe down with a polishing cloth and it's ready to be priced!
Why is our jewelry priced so well compared to jewelry stores?
- The truth is, jewelry stores sell their products at many times more than their base value. Many jewelry stores buy their rings from a distributor, who has also marked up the price. You have to consider the entire operation from sourcing the gold, having stones cut, designing the ring, to paying a jeweler to put it all together. That gets expensive.
- We buy our jewelry pre-owned, in average condition. We buy based on used market value. When it is restored to great near new condition, we price the item at actual base market value. This is often much less than half of the jewelry store price. Most of the time it will be 3-7X less than the jewelry store. Just the other day we bought a piece that was appraised at $10,000. What did we sell it for?
We sold it for $2000.
Is there anything to worry about?
- We are a pawn shop, so we get asked this question from time to time. The short answer is NO. Everything we buy goes through a Police Database. We have to hold everything we buy for 10 days so that it can be checked. We get all of the information from our customers when they sell us an item, including their fingerprint. For jewelry, we have several special tests and tools we use. We have the newest diamond tester, it tests for the newest kind of diamond simulant. We also use a special acid to test our gold and silver to make sure it is genuine.
We are happy to help!
- If you would like to know your ring size, we can help! We have a finger gauge you can use to find out. We are happy to make you an offer on your jewelry. We have a good reputation for paying well for your jewelry!